Work-Life Programs & Services
Babies & You Prenatal Health Program
This 2-day program is designed for employees who are considering a pregnancy, currently expecting or planning an adoption. Sessions are conducted in May, August, and November.
- Day 1 - What to Expect When You are Expecting: Leave of Absence, Health Benefits, Healthy Lifestyle Choices, Nutrition, and Overview of Labor and Delivery
- Day 2 - What to Expect the First Year: Postpartum & Infant Care, Home & Auto Safety, Breastfeeding/Lactation, Safe Sleeping and Baby Behaviors
For registration, please go to LMS Wellness.
These events are held at various Redwood City and San Mateo County worksites throughout the year. Sponsored by Blood Centers of the Pacific.
High school is center stage when it comes to the college application process and is the critical time to help maximize a child’s potential for success with college admissions. With close to 4,000 options for college, complexities in admissions are at an unprecedented high.This unique program provides exclusive access to experts who have worked at top colleges around the country. They can provide the impartial guidance you need to help your child succeed.
- Preparing for the New SAT (Parents/guardians of 9th-12th graders)
- Paying for College (Parents/guardians of 9th-12th graders)
- PSAT: What a Score Means, Why It Matters (Parents/guardians of 8th-11th graders)
child care options
The County has 1 onsite child care center, "Our Place", which is located at County Government Center in Redwood City. In addition, the County has established relationships with 2 additional child care providers in the County.
- Parenting Principles
Worksite Lactation Program
This program is designed to offer support, education & assistance to encourage the continuation of breastfeeding upon return to work.
- Breast Pump Loaner Services
- Lactation Accommodation
- Breastfeeding Education & Consultations