Training & Development Mission and Goals
Welcome to Learning and Development! On this site you will find information on the County’s instructor-led training program, our e-library with 1000+ course offerings, custom learning pathways, information about the County’s Tuition Reimbursement program, and our various countywide leadership programs.
The Training and Development Division creates, promotes and fosters individual and organizational effectiveness by developing and offering an array of innovative and diverse programs in support of the organization’s commitment to employee development, partnerships, and organizational enrichment.
We accomplish our mission by focusing on the following goals:
- Provide quality, cost-effective training designed to increase individual and organizational productivity and enrichment.
- Provide development opportunities that enhance knowledge, develop skills and enrich the organization.
- Create, promote and foster an organizational environment that values development, diversity and growth opportunities for all employees.
- Provide individuals and the organization with the tools to respond effectively to customer needs as well as current and future demands for service.
- Provide ongoing leadership and support to the organization’s succession efforts.
- Promote, support and leverage technology resources and tools to improve and enhance workflow efficiency and improve customer service.
We provide the following services to our customers:
Countywide Training Programs ♦ New Employee Welcome ♦ Career Development Programs ♦ Tuition Reimbursement Program ♦ Oversight of Countywide Learning Management System ♦ Development and Administration of Management Development Program ♦ Ongoing Consultation to Departments ♦ Countywide Certificate programs ♦ Customized Training for Departments and Community Partners ♦ Support Onboarding, Employee Engagement, Performance, and Succession Planning Committees ♦ Administration and Reporting of Countywide Mandated Programs ♦ Administration of the Essential Supervisory Skills Program ♦ Support of the Agile Organization Workforce Initiative ♦ Staff and Support the Regional Training and Development Consortium ♦ Management and Oversight of various programs such as the Workplace Mediation program, Vendor Agreement Subscription Program, and Liebert Cassidy and Whitmore