Training & Development Mission and Goals
Welcome to the Training & Development website! On this site you will find information on the County's career development program, Learning Management System (LMS), Countywide training programs, training core competencies, Certificate programs, Tuition Reimbursement program, Stepping Up and Leading Up (SULU), Essential Supervisory Skills Academy (ESS), and much, much more.
The Training and Development Division creates, promotes and fosters individual and organizational effectiveness by developing and offering an array of innovative and diverse programs in support of the organization’s commitment to employee development, partnerships, and organizational enrichment.
We accomplish our mission by focusing on the following goals:
- Provide quality, cost-effective training designed to increase individual and organizational productivity and enrichment.
- Provide development opportunities that enhance knowledge, develop skills and enrich the organization.
- Create, promote and foster an organizational environment that values development, diversity and growth opportunities for all employees.
- Provide individuals and the organization with the tools to respond effectively to customer needs as well as current and future demands for service.
- Provide ongoing leadership and support to the organization’s succession efforts.
- Promote, support and leverage technology resources and tools to improve and enhance workflow efficiency and improve customer service.
We provide the following services to our customers:
Countywide Training Programs ♦ New Employee Welcome ♦ Career Development Programs ♦ Tuition Reimbursement Program ♦ Oversight of Countywide Learning Management System ♦ Development and Administration of Management Development Program ♦ Ongoing Consultation to Departments ♦ Countywide Certificate programs ♦ Customized Training for Departments and Community Partners ♦ Support Onboarding, Employee Engagement, Performance, and Succession Planning Committees ♦ Administration and Reporting of Countywide Mandated Programs ♦ Administration of the Essential Supervisory Skills Program ♦ Support of the Agile Organization Workforce Initiative ♦ Staff and Support the Regional Training and Development Consortium ♦ Management and Oversight of various programs such as the Workplace Mediation program, Vendor Agreement Subscription Program, and Liebert Cassidy and Whitmore