Please view the County Intranet to access the payroll calendars.
Please check your MOU/Resolution for specifics about holidays for your bargaining unit. The holidays in this County typically are:
- January 1 (New Years Day)
- Third Monday in January (Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday)
- February 12 * (Lincoln’s Birthday)*
- Third Monday in February (Washington’s Birthday)
- Last Monday in May (Memorial Day)
- July 4 (Independence Day)
- First Monday in September (Labor Day)
- December 25 (Christmas)
- Friday following Thanksgiving Day
- Fourth Thursday in November (Thanksgiving Day)
- November 11 (Veterans Day)
- Second Monday in October (Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples’ Day)
Every day appointed by the President of the United States or the Governor of the State of California to be a day of public mourning, thanksgiving, or holiday. The granting of such holidays shall be discretionary with the Board of Supervisors.
* Effective February 12, 2001, the Lincoln’s Birthday holiday shall be eliminated and replaced with a floating holiday (8 hours of holiday time) which will accrue on each February 12.
If one of the holidays listed above falls on Sunday and the employee is not regularly scheduled to work that day, the employee’s first regularly scheduled workday following the holiday shall be considered a holiday.
If any of the holidays listed above falls on a day other than Sunday and the employee is not regularly scheduled to work that day, or if an employee is required to work on a holiday, the employee shall be entitled to equivalent straight time off with pay. This equivalent straight time off earned is limited to 120 hours with any time earned in excess of 120 hours cashed out at the equivalent straight time rate. If an employee leaves County service with accrued hours, those hours will be cashed out.
In County facilities where there is 24 hour per day coverage, employees working such coverage shall observe holidays on the actual date of the holiday.
Extra help employees are not entitled to holiday pay or to time off with pay in lieu of holiday pay.