HR Mission Statement, Goals and Values
Through strategic partnerships and collaboration, the Human Resources Department recruits, develops and retains a high performing and diverse workforce and fosters a healthy, safe, and productive work environment for employees, their families, departments, and the public in order to maximize individual and organizational potential and position San Mateo County as an employer of choice.
- Valuing, Encouraging, and Supporting a Diverse Workforce;
- Continually Improving Individual and Organizational Effectiveness;
- Anticipating and Meeting the Changing Needs of the Workforce / Family;
- Championing Career and Professional Growth;
- Creating and Enhancing Strategic Partnerships; and
- Enhancing Services Through Technology.
- Promote Honesty, Integrity, and Trust: We honor our commitments and conduct business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, and trust.
- Celebrate Teamwork: We encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds and celebrate participation and partnership in all of our endeavors.
- Encourage Communication: We solicit the input of others and strive for transparency and inclusiveness.
- Focus on Our Customers: We have a passion for service and are committed to knowing our customers’ business, anticipating their needs, and exceeding expectations.
- Embrace Change and Innovation: We are open to possibility and foster creativity and risk-taking to support continuous improvement.
- Champion Employee Development: We are committed to maximizing the potential of every individual and to support and promote the County as a learning organization.
- Model Leadership: We lead by example and advocate equitable treatment in our behaviors, policies, and practices.
- Produce Quality Results: We believe those we serve deserve excellent service, a safe, productive, and healthy work environment, and quality results.