Healthy Food @ Work
Make the "Healthy Choice" the Easy Choice! Our County Food Service providers are in compliance with the Green + Nutrition Standards.
County Catering Connection (http://www.vrscatering.org) - A Green-certified Caterer
- SMMC STARS Catering
- County Nutrition Standards (Exhibit A of Wellness Policy)
- Nutrition Standards Training (10/31/12) – available on demand to Food Purchasing Decision-makers in County Departments
*PLEASE NOTE: To view this online presentation, you must have REal Player installed on your computer. Please download the free player at http://www.real.com.
- Nutrition Standards Training (PPTX)
- Green Event Guide (PDF)
Online Produce Delivery Program
The County Wellness Committee is compiling a listing of online produce delivery vendors that can deliver fresh fruits and vegetables and/or healthy meals to County worksites.
The Committee does not endorse any specific vendor but simply makes this list available to County Departments, Wellness Champions and individuals who wish to utilize this kind of service to bring healthier food choices into the workday.
Prospective vendors are invited to complete the online vendor information sheet to be added to this list: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YYGTMLH. Once it has been completed, email the Wellness Program (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know of your interest.
Sigona's Food for Thought
The Fruit Guys
Working with Food Service vendors / caterers
- Reference Guideline for Departments (Green+Nutrition Standards)
- Food Service / Catering Checklist (PDF)
Pre-packaged Snacks and Beverages
- How to calculate 35-10-35
- Comprehensive List of 35-10-35 Snacks and Beverages
- List of 35-10-35 Snacks sold at Costco
- List of Healthy Beverages sold at Costco
- List of Healthy Entrees sold at Costco
- QuickTip: How dietitians estimate 35-10-35
- For information and documents about the County’s Green Initiatives and Nutrition Standards, visit the Employee Wellness Program Website, look under “Culture of Health”
- San Mateo County Green Event Guide - Office of Sustainability
- County Wellness Committee and Departmental Wellness Champions
- Public Health Nutrition, Family Health Services