Generations in the Workforce
Casual coaching is confidential and informal peer to peer coaching. The typical Casual Coaching session is a two-hour networking event that is centered on a stated topic, usually with simple and brief presentation and/or activity. After the presentation and/or activity, participants are welcome to:
- Share ideas and experiences;
- Reflect on current practices;
- Expand, refine, and build new skills;
- Gather information; and/or
- Suggest solutions and solve problems in the workplace.
Often times, in Casual Coaching there is not a single Subject Matter Expert. Participants are invited and encouraged to draw up on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and learning of others.