You are here
2019 Heart Walk
Join walkers from across our community as they step out to have fun, get inspired & support a meaningful cause.
Thank you for your support of the American Heart Association’s 2018 Bay Area Heart Walk efforts. We celebrated our commitment to health with over 600 County employees getting out of the office and walking for their heart health last September! Additionally, with your help and participation, the County raised over $80,000 to help fuel the American Heart Association’s mission to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Results we are truly proud of!
This year is extra special, as the County will cross the $1million fundraising mark since we began participating and will join the Million Dollar Impact Club, which consists of companies who have raised $1,000,000+ for the Bay Area Heart Walk. If we can raise $99,438 this year, we can earn a spot in the club! To achieve this important milestone, we’ve set a goal to have 40 Coaches and 660 walkers raising $100,000. Here’s how you can help:
- Register as a Walker by joining a team at http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=4226&pg=company&company_id=211345.
- Once you've joined a team, we would ask for your help with fundraising. The AHA provides all the tools, including your personal fundraising page. Plus, we'll be here to support and encourage you along the way.
- Make a Donation
Peninsula Heart Walk
Thursday, October 3, 2019
Coyote Point Park, San Mateo
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
10:45 am Heart-Health Expo and Games Zone opens
11:00 am Assigned company photos begin
11:45 am Opening Ceremonies
11:55 am Warm-up
12:00 pm Walk and other activities begin
1:30 pm Event concludes
Logistics for the Event:
- Check with your department's heart walk coach regarding transportation to/from your worksite
- County of San Mateo’s Company photo time (at the walk, under the heart arch) is 11:20am
- There will not be AHA Heart Walk shirts given out at the walk this year. Instead, you can order it online through your rewards center when you login on the Heart Walk website
- New this year, in addition to the walk there will be Zumba and yoga
- Remember to get your food ticket for the food trucks from your coach after the photo time and bring a water bottle
There are several parking lots surrounding the park. County Parking Information
Event participants will walk a 1-mile loop.
There will be a Hydration Station in the festival area where walkers can refill their water bottles. While compostable cups will be available, it is highly recommended that all event attendees bring their own water bottle so we can keep waste to a minimum and so that you can keep yourself hydrated throughout the duration of the event.
Portable restrooms will be available.
EMTs will be available in the First Aid Tent. Additionally, there will be an ambulance on-site in case of emergencies.
Rewards Center & Heart Walk Hero Gear
New this year! The more funds you raise, the more points you earn to redeem for Heart Walk Hero Gear. Once you reach a new fundraising milestone, additional points will automatically be added to your points balance. You can redeem points at any time up to the walk and points expire 6 weeks after the day of the Heart Walk. Point redemption starts after you've fundrased $100.
Heart & Stroke Heroes
Heart disease survivors will receive a red cap and stroke survivors will receive a white cap. In addition, event attendees can honor their Heart Heroes, Stroke Heroes and Remembered Heroes at the Heroes Wall at the event.