2018 Heart Walk
Join walkers from across our community as they step out to have fun, get inspired & support a meaningful cause. The Heart Walk is a 5K or 3.1 mile non competitive walk. There is also a Miracle Mile, 1-Mile, route available.
County Heart Walk Webpage: http://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=3476&pg=company&company_id=145849&s_hasSecureSession=true
- Donate to a team
- Donate to an individual
- Join a team
2018 Heart Walk T-Shirt
- Want a t-shirt? Please make a $50 donation or raise $50. T-shirts will be available as supplies last. We cannot guarantee a t-shirt to every individual that contributes $50 or more.
- The winning design for this year’s Heart Walk T-Shirt was produced by Karen Pugh of the Health System/SMMC! Congratulations Karen!
Fundraiser Events: View the County Intranet Calendar for details!
- 8/7/18, 12-3PM: Old Spaghetti Factory (Sheriff)
- 8/7/18, 4-8PM: Chipotle (Parks)
- 8/8/18 4-10PM: Pizza My Heart (ISD)
- 8/8/18 5-9PM: Old Spaghetti Factory (Sheriff)
- 8/9, 8/15, 8/23, 8/30, 9/6: Heart Grams at SMMC & Clinics
- 8/16: Bake Sale (DCSS)
- 8/16: Pain Nite at Fusion Peruvian Grill in San Mateo (All County)
- 8/23: Succulent Heart-Shaped Arrangement Sale (SMMC)
- 8/27-8/31: Gift Basket Online Auction (County Counsel & SMMC)
- 8/30: Pizza My Heart (Parks Dept)
- 9/4: Bake Sale (DPW)
- 9/6: Paint Nite at Fusion Peruvian Grill in San Mateo (SMMC)
- 9/13: Salad Bar Lunch (DCSS)
- 10:30 AM Shuttle service begins
- 10:45 AM Heart Health Expo and VIP Tent open
- 11:00 AM Assigned company photos begin
- 11:45 AM Opening Ceremonies
- 11:55 AM Warm-up
- 12:00 PM Walk begins
- 12:30 PM Food Tent opens for lunch
- 1:30 PM Event concludes
- Please contact your team coach for more information. Check back for updates!
Team Photo Schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the walk?
Marine View Park, Oracle
How long is the walk?
The Heart Walk is a 5K or 3.1 mile non competitive walk. There is also a Miracle Mile, 1-Mile, route available.
Are there any kids activities?
Are pets allowed?
Pets are not allowed at Marine View Park.
Will food be provided?
Lunch will be provided in the food tent. Top Walkers ($1,000+ fundraisers) will have a catered lunch in the VIP tent.
Will water be available?
Yes, there will be two water stops along the route. Water is also available throughout the festival area.
Will restrooms be available?
Portable restrooms will be available at all events.
Where is First Aid?
First Aid assistance can be found next to the Registration tent.
Is the event accessible to people that are physically challenged?
Yes, the route is accessible to all.
Are strollers allowed on the path?
Strollers are allowed, but please be advised that the pathway can get very crowded and it may be hard to smoothly navigate a stroller.
What if it rains on the day of the event?
The Heart Walk will go on rain or shine. In the event of severe weather conditions we will notify participants via the website about the status of the event.
Felicia Flores or your Department Team Captain (list is coming soon!). More information about the event can be found at http://www2.heart.org/site/TR/HeartWalk/WSA-WesternStatesAffiliate?sid=2040&type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=3476