Employee Wellness Mission Statement
To contribute towards building a healthy, productive workforce and making San Mateo County a great place to work.
Through programs, services, policy development and program planning, Employee Wellness will:
- Improve employee health and well-being
- Empower employees with health education and lifestyle skills that enable them to achieve their best possible health
- Positively affect employee morale and job satisfaction
- Optimize performance and productivity
- Provide a valued, tangible employee benefit
These goals are accomplished through a comprehensive package of primary, secondary and tertiary prevention programs and services, and includes consultation to Departments, work units and/or employee groups to meet specific health needs.
Values and Philosophy
The County's commitment to an employee health improvement program is based on recognition that a healthy, productive workforce is critical to achieving the mission of the County.
- We place the highest value on confidentiality, trust, and respect.
- We implement effective educational methodologies to increase awareness, and to create and sustain behavior change.
- We are committed to cost-effective utilization of County resources.
- We build capacity by collaborating with other County organizations, whenever possible.
- We are committed to high standards of excellence, quality, ethics and integrity.
- We are responsive to emerging health concerns, needs, and interests.