Employee Self Review
How To Prepare for the Employee Self-Review: Quick Guide for Employees
Schedule Protected Time to Complete the Self Review
- Schedule adequate time during the self-review window to complete the Employee Self Review.
- If you are unable to complete the Review during this window the only other opportunity you will have to comment on your Evaluation will be when the Performance Evaluation has been finalized by your supervisor/manager and your indirect manager and is ready for your signature.
Examine the Elements of the Employee Self Review
- The Employee Self Review Form lists the questions you will answer in the Learning Management System (LMS) for the Employee Self Review.
Review and Update Your Performance and Development Goals
- Review and update your Performance and Development goals in LMS, as well as any comments, attachments (i.e. examples of work that support the goal), and update your progress on the goals.
- Have the goals available for easy reference while you complete your Self Review.
Review Your Performance Factors
- Take time to review the Performance Factors you and your supervisors agreed upon at the beginning of the Performance Planning Cycle.
- Gather supporting information and/or documentation about how and when you exhibited these attributes in your work over the course of the review period.
Think About Your Year Ahead
- Begin to think about your future goals are and how you are going to accomplish them
Save Your Draft, Don’t Submit Until Final
- Save your work in LMS as you go. Don’t submit.
- Submit only when you have a final product. Clicking submit will send the Self Review to your supervisor/manager. You will not be able to make any changes to the Self Review once you have clicked “submit.”