The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Advisory Committee for the County of San Mateo is pleased to present this Equal Employment Opportunity Plan and Report. This document is intended to be a Countywide guide for a plan of action and reference resource.
The purpose of the Equal Employment Opportunity Plan is to commit the County of San Mateo to:
Reaffirm the County's commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Federal Affirmative Action in its employment practices, program operations, and service delivery systems.
Define specific action steps to:
- Promote a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment;
- Eliminate unnecessary, arbitrary or artificial practices that affect applicants and employees;
- Increase employee awareness and acceptance of gender, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, veteran status, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, use of family and medical leave, genetic testing, and any other basis protected by federal or state law;
- Provide opportunities for career development and advancement for all employees; and
- Acknowledge the equal employment opportunity occupational job categories where all employees, including minorities and women, continue to be underrepresented, and recommend recruitment, retention and career development solutions to address these areas.
Recognize the County's expanding workforce by fostering and supporting programs that enhance this diversity.
Assign responsibility and accountability for the success of the Equal Employment Opportunity Program to department heads, managers and supervisors.