2015-2019 HR Department Strategic Plan
The HR Department is committed to developing and providing innovative services that support and align with County and department goals. Key areas of focus during the next five years will involve: expanding work-delivery models through the Agile Organization initiative; implementing new succession planning programs; expanding employee engagement efforts; and implementing new technology, including the launch of a new human resources information system – Workday.
The HR Strategic Plan sets the direction for the Department to address the trends and challenges the County, specifically our customer-departments, are encountering now and in the years to come. The HR Strategic Plan also provides general information about the services provided by the eight divisions within the organization. Each of the division sections include: 1) Purpose, 2) Goals, 3) Services, 4) Accomplishments, 5) Priorities, and 6) Performance Measures.
The HR Strategic Plan is intended for a variety of audiences, including Human Resources employees, County employees, departments, elected officials, and members of the public. The plan can be used as follows:
- Human Resources Employees will use the HR Strategic Plan as their work plan for implementing the Department’s goals and priorities.
- County Employees can use the HR Strategic Plan to obtain information about the services the HR Department provides for them (e.g., benefits, training and development opportunities, recruitment activities).
- Departments Heads and managers can review the services HR provides for departments to understand service commitments and expand partnerships (e.g., organizational development, customized training).
- Elected Officials can use the HR Strategic Plan to view priorities, ensuring alignment with the County’s Shared Vision 2025.
- Members of the Public can use this document to obtain information about the services the HR Department offers its employees and their families as well as the services available to potential candidates.