To recognize outstanding County programs that demonstrate success in fostering diversity and inclusion, enhancing services or support for underrepresented or at-risk groups or communities, increasing cultural competency, and/or creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace or program.
Selected programs must do the following:
- Highlight the County’s dedication to providing excellent services and support to diverse underrepresented or at-risk groups and communities;
- Promote the County’s commitment to diversity and inclusion by improving cultural competency and providing a welcoming workplace for all employees;
- Develop and implement innovative solutions for addressing challenges related to diversity among employees or populations served; and/or
- Demonstrate successful strategies that bridge communication, language, or cultural gaps in the workplace or programs.
The following information is required for each entry:
- Description of program, services provided, population served, and breadth of impact
- Statement of diversity/ inclusion-related challenge and solution
- Methods used to measure and monitor program success
- Impact of program on improving access for underrepresented groups, promoting diversity/ inclusion, and/or on fostering a welcoming and inclusive workplace for County employees
- Impact of program on Departmental and/or Countywide goals (alignment with Shared Vision 2025)
- Submission deadline is Monday, September 30, 2019