County of San Mateo Employee Innovation Summit
The Innovation Summit is a day-long Countywide event where employees come together to develop ideas that will improve the organization. At the event participants will collaborate with their team members and consult with subject matter experts to refine their ideas and create a 3-minute presentation for judging. At the end of the event, teams will pitch their ideas to the judging panel. For more information about the event please visit the FAQ at https://hr.smcgov.org/innovation-summit-faq.
When: April 26, 2018
Where: Hiller Aviation Museum, San Carlos
How: Register in LMS. You must have supervisor approval to participate. Registration is open March 16-April 16.
This is a team event.
- You must be on a cross-departmental team of 3-5 employees, with at least 1 employee from a different department/division.
No Team? No problem! Notify email@example.com that you would like assistance forming a team.
- Each team member must register to participate in LMS. Supervisor approval is required.
- Once your supervisor approves your registration in LMS you will receive a personalized invitation to a survey where you will provide your team’s name, the names of your teammates, and a brief summary of the idea(s) you plan to present to the judges.
- Each team may submit 1 idea.
- The Employee Innovation Summit Committee will review your team’s idea(s) to confirm that they meet the eligibility criteria.
Ideas submitted to the Innovation Summit may not:
- Involve salary and benefit changes, including classification, position, salary, employee benefits, retirement, or any other compensation to employees
- Require collective bargaining or meet and confer
- Concern personal matters or complaints
- Involve the enforcement of existing rules, policies and procedures
- Require legislative or court actions
- No Idea? No problem! Check out the Innovation Summit Yammer group for ideas and/or arrive by 8:30AM the morning of the event and we'll work with your team to develop an idea.
Tentative Event Schedule ~ Subject to Change
|8:15 AM:||Doors Open|
|8:15-9:00 AM:||Check-in & Continental Breakfast & Team/Idea Formation|
|9:15 AM:||Featured Speaker|
|9:30 AM:||Keynote address|
|9:45 AM:||Start Working|
|12:00 PM:||Lunch is provided|
|1:45PM:||Presentation Paperwork is due|
|2:30 PM:||Team presentations begin
(if you are inviting guests to observe the presentations, please ask them to arrive @ 2:15PM)
|4:30 PM:||Break/Judges deliberate/Vote for People's Choice*|
|4:45 PM:||Winners announced*|
|5:00 PM:*||Event Concludes*|
*Subject to change depending on the number of teams presenting
When developing your idea(s), please consider the Shared Vision 2025 and how your idea(s) might address at least one of these areas for our employees and/or our residents:
- Healthy Community
Our neighborhoods are safe and provide residents with access to quality health care and seamless services.
- Prosperous Community
Our economic strategy fosters innovation in all sectors, creates jobs, builds community and educational opportunities for all residents.
- Liveable Community
Our growth occurs near transit, promotes affordable, livable connected communities.
- Environmentally Conscious Community
Our natural resources are preserved through environmental stewardship, reducing our carbon emissions, and using energy, water and land more efficiently.
- Collaborative Community
Our leaders forge partnerships, promote regional solutions, with informed and engaged residents, and approach issues with fiscal accountability and concern for future impacts.
- 1st Prize: $2000
- 2nd Prize: $1500
- 3rd Prize: $1,000
- People’s Choice Award: $500
Prizes will be split evenly among team members and distributed in winners paycheck.