Financial Relief through San Mateo County Credit Union (SMCU)
Posted by acorpuz on Apr 10th 2020
If you are experiencing a hardship due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), SMCU can help with special financing assistance.
- Mortgage Deferral Assistance: If you're struggling to make your mortgage payment as a result of the Coronavirus, visit Mortgage Relief page to learn how to get assistance.
- Loan Relief for Qualified Auto and Personal Loans: Members with an SMCU auto or personal loan may qualify for a loan payment deferment of 3 months. Instructions have been emailed to eligible members. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Work Reduction Loan: If you are facing a loss or reduction of income, SMCU’s Work Reduction loan can provide you with some much-needed cash. You can borrow up to the equivalent of two weeks salary and repay over 12 months at a low rate of 6.99%. Apply now.
- Credit cards zero-minimum payment required for 3 months: Beginning with April statements (payments due in May), all members with a qualifying SMCU Visa card will automatically have a zero-minimum payment for the next three payment cycles. There is NO action needed. Zero-minimum payments for qualified credit cards begins with payments due in May (April statements). Minimum payments due in April (the March statement) are due as scheduled. If you want to pay off balances and make payments during the three months, you can if you choose.
- Early redemption on Certificate of Deposit (CD): If you need to redeem your CD prior to the maturity, you can without a penalty.
For more information and assistance, please contact SMCU at smcu.org or 650-363-1725