AchieveKids - Special Education Teacher
AchieveKids is a dynamic, non-profit educational organization with a rich 57-year history of providing non-public schooling in San Jose and Palo Alto, California. We serve students with complex learning and emotional challenges. Our students possess a range of abilities, and we focus on skill development to help our students transition to progressively more independent learning environments. We strive to create joy in learning and to enhance success beyond our doors. AchieveKids is an exciting place to work, and we have a lot to offer the right candidate.
This is a full-time, exempt, position that reports to the Director of Education. You are a Special Education Teacher with a passion for innovation and creativity. You strive to meet the needs of complex learners with your positive perspectives and through multidisciplinary collaboration. You are mission-driven and committed to uphold AchieveKids’ values and beliefs to help students achieve the maximum possible self-reliance and quality of life. You are dedicated to supporting students’ transition to less restrictive environments and in finding success within their communities.
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Special Education Teaching Credential* (mild-moderate or moderate-severe) and/or ability to obtain college internship or valid CA credential
- We provide assistance to out-of-state applicants.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team to maintain academic integrity and aligned learning of planned lessons, learning experiences, and ongoing success for students
- Strong understanding of social-emotional development, positive behavior support, and classroom management skills
- Design, implement, and facilitate a variety of educational, social, and emotional learning experiences/methods that meet classroom needs
- Maintain a willingness to learn, reflect, and give/get feedback in a dynamic environment
- Be present, both in daily attending and engaging with students and co-workers
- Ability to learn technology patterns that organize instructional materials and data-gathering
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Seven paid weeks off, plus additional time off accruement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plan options
- Retirement plan with company match
- Tuition and professional development assistance
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- A fun, positive, and strength-based learning environment!